Quantity: 1 available
Tall 8vo. ix, 207 pp. Figs., index. Green cloth, dust-jacket; jacket worn. Foxed, else very good. Dr. Frank J. Sladen became the first Physician-in-Chief of Henry Ford Hospital and the founder of the Department of Medicine. He appointed Dr. F. Janney Smith in 1916 to develop the Division of Cardiopulmonary Medicine and in 1917 initiated the Henry Ford Hospital intern and resident training program. This program brought to Henry Ford Hospital many physicians who would rise to become experts in new specialties of medicine, including Dr. Edward Quinn in infectious diseases, Dr. Robert Ziegler in cardiac diagnostics, and Dr. Richmond Smith Jr. in endocrinology. In 1944, Henry Ford Hospital became the first hospital in the U.S. to use the multiple lead electrocardiograms introduced by Dr. Robert F. Ziegler. The following year Dr. Ziegler established the cardiology residency training program, one of the first such programs in the U.S., and started the hospital's first cardiac catheterization program.
Title: Electrocardiographic Studies in Normal Infants and Children.
Publisher: Springfield:, Charles C. Thomas, (1951).: 1951
lbs: 3.00 lbs
Seller ID: M12781